So since I can't change the date stamp on my post, this post should be stamped Feb 2012.
I got a job in Dec as a coordinator for a government sponsored English immersion program at UCE (the school Dave's attending). I really had no idea what I was getting into or what my responsibilities were but I took it anyway. I started Jan 6th. Basically I had to learn as I went and found out I was in charge of 363 students in 8 shifts, with 8 teachers. It was crazy the first few months because I knew nothing about the program and wasn't given any training, just tried to do the best I could. I enjoyed working with the students but I mostly just handled schedule problems and discipline problems. I worked 9-6 so it kept me busy while Dave was in school. In a nut shell I put myself under a lot of stress because I wanted to do things by a certain standard. In may I ended up taking the teaching position and someone else took over my position. I'm much happier now and work from 9am-1pm, teaching 20 students M-F. Part-time rocks because it keeps me busy but still gives me a ton of free-time to enjoy. I also like it a lot better because I don't have to be the person who disciplines and I get more time with the students. I realized I like being with the people more than managing the people in charge of the people. Profession lesson learned. I'm a people kind of person :D
No comments:
Post a Comment