Sunday, August 5, 2012

The BIG news....

Here goes.  After a crazy year, meeting numerous people, and just being at the right place in the right time, I'd like to announce I will be starting Med school September 2012!!  Yes, medical school, to become a doctor, yeah, close your mouth, your jaw was wide open wasn't it?

In a million years I never would have considered going to med school.  But then again, I would have never expected to be living in the Dominican Republic.

It began when I met an amazing family from the US who the parents decided to go to med school when they were in their 30s, already had kids, ended up having 4 kids while in med school, moved back to the States, and home schooled their kids.  Impossible?  That is what I thought.  But they really opened my eyes and mind to consider being a doctor.  If you want more details, which are a LOT more, you'll have to skype me sometime or come visit :D

I'm nervous for two facts. 1. it's med school! 2. it's in spanish.  Good news is I will rock in spanish when it's all over.

As for Davey he is doing amazing in Dental School and life is going good.  So thankful for friends, family, and a life full of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment